薄荷绿茶

Saturday, December 10, 2005

10th December 2005 Saturday

Went out with CW, HW, K, ZH and A for dinner after work last night. Yesterday was one rare occasion that we got to knock off early. And early means 4pm. And the only reason why we were allowed to go early was because Deloitte is having their Dinner and Dance yesterday night. A dinner and dance that we interns are not invited to. Sad. But well, I guess I am also glad to be let off early for once instead of going to yet another social occasion. Went home to change off my formal office wear before meeting the whole jean gang. (>A: See? I learnt a new phrase. "Whole jean gang". Now you can't "suan" my English again.) Met the gang at seven at City Hall and set off to a curry flavor house in the vicinity for dinner under the recommendation of K. Well, I must admit that I am really a mountain turtle. I don't even know that such a place exists in the vicinity of City Hall. I must have really been living in the hills. That aside, the food at the curry flavor house was quite nice and filling. I took the soft shell crab curry and I kinda like the glooey curry. That curry was kinda unique when you have been tasting watery curry for the whole of your life thus far. Chatted there as we waited up for Banker ZH to arrive after his work. Me, CW, HW and A finished our food before ZH arrived whilst K took his own sweet time to savour the taste of his rice and curry. As they contented themselves looking at the girl with the laptop sitting behind us as we waited for our banker, I was satisfied putting my attention on someone else. *Wink* ZH arrived at eight plus and we began bombarding him with questions of the banking world that everyone is interested in. I have always thought that bankers lead less stressful lives and enjoy shorter working hours compared to auditors. However, under the enlightenment of our brilliant ZH, I realised how wrong I was. I guess there just isn't such a thing as high pay and less work. Just as they always say - There is no free lunch in this world. After the dinner, the gang surprised me with a belated birthday present. I received two ties as a gift from them. Special thanks to the gang for such a practical gift. I guess they are also bored of seeing me in the same tie everytime we had to wear a tie. =p But I appreciate the gift. Thanks.

Was kinda reluctant to leave my object of attention when it finally came to the time to leave the curry flavor house. HW and A left for the PWC bash at Newsroom Bar after we left the place while me, ZH and CW went to chill out at Pacific Coffee. Was once again reminded of how mountain turtle I am when I don't even know that there is a Raffles Link right beside City Link. Gosh. Anyway, I find it kinda nice to be sitting around with a few friends, just chatting and having something to drink. Oh and I must mention that the iced chocolate is slightly too sweet for comfort. Hope I don't get diabates for it. =p The day ended at ten plus as me, ZH and K left for home and CW left to look for his gf. That concludes the third Friday night of my Professional Attachment. Five more weeks to go. Hope every Friday night will be as interesting as yesterday. Maybe I should make it a point to visit the curry flavor house every Friday. *Wink* Haha. Just kidding. =p