薄荷绿茶

Sunday, November 20, 2005

20th November 2005 Sunday

Spent a lonely but fun Saturday night. Well, strictly speaking, it should be the wee hours of Sunday morning. Went to watch the fourth episode of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire all by myself at Jurong Point. Caught the 12.40 am show. Been ages since I last watched a midnight show and this marks the first time that I am catching one all by myself. I guess the movie was alright although not as good as what I expected. And I guess the newspaper was right to say that the plot was moving too fast for comfort. I seriously wonder if you will understand half of the movie if you had not read the book. And there are definitely quite a couple of spoilers in the movie. When did Dumbledore become ever so fierce? He was supposed to be super calm from what I remember. And when did Hermione go gaga after dancing with Viktor Krum (I hate this part especially. So un-Hermione-ish! She is supposed to be indifferent towards Viktor and not behave as if she belonged to his personal fanclub!)? And the part about Barty Crouch Junior wasn't really elaborated very well. Barty Crouch was supposed to be under the Imperius Curse all this time and he was supposed to break away from it long enough to at least warn Harry that something really serious was going on. And when did Harry know that Viktor was under the Imperius curse when Viktor fought Diggory? And quoting Xiaxue, when did the dragon take Harry on a tour around Hogwarts? I guess you could add more important details into the film by taking such unnecessary parts of the film away. Well, personally I would rate this film a 3 out of 5. And a personal advice will be to do some background research into the book if you really intend to watch it to prevent getting lost halfway.