薄荷绿茶

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

22nd November 2005 Tuesday

Simply love the weather these days. Just the cold that I love. I do not mean those kind of cold that you get under the air condition in office environment. I meant the natural cold which is the result of the constant rain these days. Simply love the smell of the rain and the cold wind blowing against my face.

Started my professional attachment yesterday. Went for an orientation tour in the morning and commenced the self studying of the software manuals in the afternoon. Since then, we have been dilligently studying our software manuals and trying out our tests. Tomorrow will be the last day before we are rid of those studying (well, at least I hope. But I heard we might be required to read the International Financial Reporting Standards as well.) and are assigned to our mentor groups. It also marks the last day before all the interns get splitted up into different groups. That is a little sad and scary because most of us will be alone. But I sure hope it will be fun after this period of mundane studying. Anyway, just received news yesterday that my job application to PWC got rejected. I am not even granted an interview. So sad. Why don't they want me? I guess they don't accept scums. Hmm. But I don't think I should dwell on it that much as I have already made up my mind since a long time ago that if I had to choose one of the big four auditing firms, my choice will be Deloitte. That is also the precise reason why I chose Deloitte for my Professional Attachment firm. So I guess I don't really have much to complain or to be sad about. That is unless Deloitte doesn't give me a job offer.

Hmm. Nothing else to write so I am off to enjoy the cold cold weather that we rarely get over here at Singapore. =p