薄荷绿茶

Thursday, May 04, 2006

4th May 2006 Thursday

It must feel good to finish exams but that is not for me yet. That is for the other half of the Accountancy cohort as well as probably half of the rest of NTU or maybe more. How fast time flies and I am about to take the last papers of my University days in seven days time. Isn't it amazing how time so cruelly move forward even if we remained motionless on the same spot? Just read Sleep Kitty's blog and I so agree with her analogy about life after the exams, about it being a piece of blank paper from that point on, awaiting our decision on what to write upon it, where we want to end up eventually, and whether we will be happy when we reach the end. Some people will want to make it big, unleashing their full potential while they are young whereas others, like me, really only yearn for a simple life. That also reminds me of the so many difficult decisions that I have seen the people around me make about their life. I guess in the end, there just isn't the so called "right" or "wrong" path around it but rather, whether you will be happy with that decision. And to mention, I don't really think that there is anything called a stupid decision because in the end, you learn something more through every decision you make, whether it be about yourself, about your friends or about life. These are precious experiences that will take you well along your future journey on this road. Well, maybe I am thinking too much or maybe, as what Cathayan said, that is but a part of my personality which is both weird and unique. But I really do not think I am weird. I am but a simple guy, living in an imperfect world, trying to find everything that is still true remaining in this world and that includes each and everyone of my friend who is reading this now.

(PS: I really hope that you are feeling better by now. You really scare me with your message yesterday. Just wanted to say - Many a times, we feel that we are bogged down by burdens so heavy that we aren't able to bear, troubles so huge that we aren't able to resolve. But think about it, we have felt that before. We have run into similar situations in the past and we survived through it. Or rather, maybe such situations are put there to make us fall and with every fall, we learn to pick ourselves up and learn to be a stronger and better person. And this time, we will pick ourselves up again. I know it is really hard to see that when you are in the situation yourself and I guess I won't be wrong to say that it is really hard for words alone to make anyone feel better but I guess that is about all that I can do. Whenever, you are feeling alone, remember that you are never all alone on life's journey. Cheer up.)