薄荷绿茶

Friday, May 19, 2006

19th May 2006 Friday

Went back to serve the remaining of my National Service. The Battalion changed a lot since I left. Most of the building was renovated. Suffice to say that I would have lost my way if you had told me to go and look for a certain room over at the newly renovated building. Anyway, me got attached to the Chief Clerk so guess I will be doing those so called "mini projects". Anyway, the first day was super boring and I was practically staring at the clock, willing it to go faster. But as always, whenever you are staring at the clock, it seems to slow down. Was ordered to stay in which I found was rather stupid as I have slightly more than three weeks of service only. Well, but I was already kind of mentally prepared for it so I guess it didn't come too much as a surprise. My new working mates aren't really too friendly. I guess when you are in the army, you just lose your zest to want to be really friendly and make new friends with new people. But who cares? As I said, it is only slightly more than three weeks for me to endure. Anyway, saw a perculiar sight in the camp today. There was a little tree over there that is collecting dust and it is named "Wishing Tree". You are supposed to write your wish on a card and hang it on the tree. The gesture is supposed to make the wish come true. I think the concept is kind of unique but here comes the perculiar thing - there wasn't a single card on the tree. I guess army personnel don't really harbour too many wishes do they? Or maybe they couldn't be bothered to write it down. Yawn.

Booking in again on Monday morning and taking leave on Tuesday for the GIC interview. They called me up to come down for an interview when I have almost forgotten that I applied for their management associate program. Since it is just a group interview, I think I will just go there and listen and if I feel like talking then I chip in a little. Hate these group interviews. I can already foresee everyone vying for a chance to speak. That is so fake. I will not be like them. I will only talk when I feel like it. I know this will likely cause me to flunk the interview but then, to be frank, I only applied because I was overly tempted by the pay. And since I already had the job offer from Deloitte which I am rather more akin to joining because of the people that I knew during my attachment, I guess I got nothing to lose even if I lose the GIC job. So I guess I will just take a step at a time.

你走了。我却还留在原地。原来故事结束之后,心也要学会习惯着原来的寂寞。。。