薄荷绿茶

Monday, May 15, 2006

15th May 2006 Monday

Just finished reading a story that JY sent me. She said that I would love the story somehow. I wasn't really sure about that but after reading that I had to admit that the story did touched me somehow. The story is really long so I don't think I am able to publish it here but I would leave a link at the bottom of this post for those of you who are really interested. I am sure it will give you some insights into life and I am also really sure it will touch your heart somehow so long as you bothered to spend some time to read it. I really liked a couple of parts in the story and many of them have somehow given me some insight into life and I think I would be blogging about these in my blog for the next few days to come. I can't really explain in words what I have learnt from some of them but I would just blog it down and leave you all to decipher it for yourself. Isn't that how you learn? Okie. So here is for the first part that I really liked:

On this day, Morrie says he has an exercise for us to try. We are to stand, facing away from our classmates, and fall backward, relying on another student tocatch us. Most of us are uncomfortable with this, and we cannot let go for more than a few inches before stopping ourselves. We laughed in embarrassment.Finally, one student, a thin, quiet, dark-haired girl whom I notice almost always wears bulky white fisherman sweaters, crosses her arms over her chest, closes her eyes, leans back, and does not flinch, like one of those Lipton teacommercials where the model splashes into the pool. For a moment, I am sure she is going to thump on the floor. At the last instant, her assigned partner grabs her head and shoulders and yanks her up harshly. "Whoa!" several students yell. Some clap. Morrie finally smiled. "You see," he says to the girl, "you closed your eyes". That was the difference. Sometimes you cannot believe what you see, you have to believe what you feel. And if you are ever going to have other people trust you, you must feel that you can trust them too - even when you're in the dark. Even when you're falling.

Would you trust me to pick you up when you are in the dark? When you are falling? Because some things can't be seen. They have to be felt. And you feel not with your eyes, but with your heart......

Tuesdays with Morrie