薄荷绿茶

Monday, May 08, 2006

8th May 2006 Monday

Read a book which state that those who log onto the internet could actually be categorised into three categories. The first are those that try to be someone that they want to be online. The second are those that exhibit the other side of their personality online. The third are those who try to be someone that they will never ever become online. Guys who act as girls online and vice versa belongs to the third category. That book sort of got me thinking. Got me thinking about the internet. Does it really help us to exhibit who we really are? Or does it help to mask what we really are and what we really feel? Someone I feel more inclined with the latter view. If you are a frequent user of MSN or other chat programs, ask yourself - "When you type haha, did you really feel happy? Or do you even felt like laughing then?"; "When you expressed an emoticon, do you really feel as the emoticon portray?"; "When you type that you are alright, are you? Or are you really crying as you typed that?"; "Did you really mean what you typed? Or did you really feel the same way as you typed? Or is the internet but another mask in addition to that which you wear on your face? Has the internet become yet another disguise to conceal the heart?". You might argue that you do not use any chat related programs. But think again, what about those SMSes that you send and receive on your phone. Aren't those but another form of that on the internet. Well, maybe sometimes I think too much. Maybe......

I don't like myself. I really don't like myself......