薄荷绿茶

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

29th June 2004 Tuesday

Just recovered from a major blackout that happened all around Singapore. Luckily I wan't using my computer then. Was quite an experience searching for candles and putting a little light back to the house. Made me realise how important electricity is and how reliant we are upon it. Heard that the blackout was caused by a natural gas supply disruption from Indonesia. Wondered what happened. Hope it had nothing to do with terrorism and such. Maybe I think too much.

Today one of my favourite student is back after being sick and absent for the past week. Happy. Like being around small children because they are very "real". They are unlike grown ups which sometimes say one thing and think another way. Think that grown ups are too complicated. Why can't we just be as simple as we used to be when we were young? Maybe this is the way things work. But really like the simpleness in small children. How I wish I could go back to being one again. But guess there is no such chance again, well, at least in this life....... *Sigh*
Gryffindor