薄荷绿茶

Sunday, October 14, 2007

14th October 2007 Sunday

Learnt a couple of things today
  1. Hot coffee that has turned cold tastes significantly worse than iced coffee that is no longer iced.
  2. I can stare at aeroplanes landing for hours.
  3. Pacific Coffee's (Airport Branch) quote for the day is as meaningful as ever. This was what I saw today - "Be Loyal to What You Love. Be True to The Earth. Fight Your Enemies with Passion and Laughter - Edward Abbey". Didn't know who is Edward Abbey but found the quote meaningful.
  4. Quote I saw at McDonalds (Airport Branch) - Coffee bean is not a bean but a cherry. Erm. Didn't know what was the difference but it was obviously something I didn't knew till today.
  5. Terminal 3 of the Airport is taking ages to open. Heard it would be open in 2008. Can't wait.
  6. My camera phone is as lousy as ever. I can't even take a proper photo of a plane landing when it landed almost in front of my nose. Okie. I exaggerated. But you get the idea of how lousy that camera was. So no photos for this post.
  7. My favourite area of Terminal 1 (the area at the corner just after the playground in front of Swensens where you can see the runway and planes taking off.) is going to be closed permanently. The blockages have turned from boards to cement and offices. Sigh. I am going to miss seeing planes taking off.
  8. Tampines Library is not beside Tampines MRT station and it is not inside Tampinese mall. But nice atmosphere nevertheless.
  9. Loads of new cafe have sprung up in Terminals 1 and 2 since the last time I went. In addition to Coffeebean at Terminal 2, Starbucks has re-opened. And there is a Cafe something right outside the sky train exit in Terminal 1.
  10. I don't feel as much as I do in the past. I could even smile to myself even when loyalties are being betrayed. I guess I am getting used to such stuff. Or probably I have learnt not to treasure those that do not treasure me. Or probably I have learnt whose words to believe, whose not to. Or maybe I have simply learnt to take things in my stride. Good thing ain't it?
  11. I have another email pal. And one that I can suan.
  12. I do not think anybody would seriously read and think about the stuff I write in my blog. I just could not see anybody bothered about it.
  13. I love air-conditioned places as far from home as possible.
  14. Electronic means of communications are amazing. Amazing how "hahas" and smileys could be communicated when I don't even feel like smiling. =)
  15. I am super inefficient. I can stay in the library for ages doing nothing and absolutely nothing.