薄荷绿茶

Sunday, April 16, 2006

16th April 2006 Sunday

Went to the airport today to study. Well, at least I meant to go there to study. But spent most of my time walking back and fro Terminal 1 and Terminal 2. The airport has really changed a lot since I last went there. The viewing gallery at Terminal 2 (Or is it Terminal 1? I still can't really differentiate the both of them) has finally opened and I kind of liked it there. I kind of missed the days I spent studying at the airport. Well, at least I got to reminisce today. Realized that the airport is not really a good place to study during weekends. Was super crowded. It is okie during weekdays though. Well, at least it was okie about a year ago when I used to go there to study. Anyway, after being chased from one place to the next by the staff of the food court and the Starbucks staff, we decided that the staff there had something against us. Why is it only us who got reminded that we were not allowed to study at Starbucks when there are loads of others around us with their books stacked to the ceiling? I still don't get it. Maybe our faces are marked with the "I am good to bully" sign. I don't know. Well, anyway, after being kicked around for the second or third time, we decided that since we weren't really welcome there, we might as well go somewhere else.

We went to the Esplanade library after that. Like the airport, the library has changed significantly since we last went. At least the cafe changed. It is no longer Cafe Galilee. It has changed to some Singapore art cafe. I still prefer the ambience when Cafe Galilee is still there. The new cafe is painted white and it is so out of place with the rest of the library oak colored settings. And it is kind of glaring in that kind of a setting. Hate it. Didn't do anything at the library. Decided to take a break and felt justified in doing so as I finished the last AA306 seminar at the airport. Was reading some magazines while listening to a girl playing the piano in the practice room in the library. That reminded me of my unfulfilled childhood dream of learning the piano. I really think liked the piano sound even though I know nuts about music. The sky was on the brink of a downpour as it always is when I am at the Esplanade library. Remembered the last time I was there was during my birthday a year or two ago. I still remember I was alone that night and I was listening to the CDs that are put out for listening in the library and staring out of the glass windows into the many tall buildings opposite the library. I kinda liked that kind of feeling. Shall do it some day after my exams.

Separated paths with my friend near dinner time as he went to meet his girlfriend for sushi buffet. He invited me along but I didn't really want a buffet, less being a lightbulb too so I refused. Went to Clementi to have a simple hawker dinner by myself instead. Wasn't too bad a dinner. Was pondering between taking the train home or taking a bus ride that will take thrice the time to reach home. On the account of the nice weather which I find perfect for a long bus ride, I chose the latter. I simply love long bus rides in double deckered air con buses with very little people in it on a rainy weather. For those of you who have yet to try it before, you should try it. It is really nice!

Well, with that, that concludes my day. The nice weather is still continuing as I blog and I hope it hangs out over the next few days. Rain Rain Do Not Go Away~~~~~