薄荷绿茶

Saturday, May 03, 2008

3rd May 2008 Saturday

Been ages since I last wrote something on this space. In fact, if I am not wrong, it has been one of the longest time I stopped blogging ever since I started this space. Gosh. This place is collecting dust. Not that many people visits anyway. Well, I promise not to complain on my first post after so long. So I will not complain about the two and a half weeks of reservist that I have to go to, making me quite unable to blog. I will not complain about work. I will not complain about family. Instead, let's talk about what I have been doing outside of work and reservist the past few weeks.

Caught two really good animes recently - Chrno Crusade and Clannad. And since Clannad is supposed to be the much newer one, I thought I would talk a little about it rather than old old anime Chrno Crusade (it was good nevertheless). Clannad is yet another works for really amazing Kyoto Animation, who made Kanon, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Air and Lucky Star. And I guess I will not be exaggerating to say that these guys really do know the art of not disappointing their fans. If you have been catching my posts in the past, you would have known that I am all looking forward to Clannad after watching the all too good Kanon. And I thought by placing such a high expectations on it, it is gonna take a lot to not disappoint me and I was starting to be afraid of watching it and taking the huge disappointment. But I am more than glad that this show was every bit as good, if not better than Kanon. The anime has the traits of Kanon, centering about an all too sacarstic guy with nothing better to do but hang around sad girls with sad stories. I guess the better part in comparison to Kanon is the humour part. They really do add in loads more humour in comparison to Kanon and loads of funny unrealistic scenes that I have a feeling they were afraid to add into Kanon. But that doesn't mean the stories get any less heart rending and meaningful moments. Overall, the stories are great and centre about the theme - family, be it parents or sisters. And I guess the character development part was done really well. You would grow to love the characters and their respective traits. So much so that you would almost certainly feel for them as the story progresses. The animation was nothing short of perfect and saying that about Kyoto Animation of which I couldn't stop admiring after Kanon and Air screened is saying something. Everything was perfect, from the lighting to the character drawings. Oh and did I mention that all too kawaii ending dango theme song of the anime? Overall, I give this anime a 11 upon 10!