薄荷绿茶

Saturday, May 31, 2008

31st May 2008 Saturday

Went to catch Prince Caspian last night. Yet another movie screening subsidised by the firm. But it was really silly to place the screening at 6.30 pm. Who is ever going to be able to reach Shaw Lido at that hour when we are in the line of audit? Well, maybe it was just me. Loads made it on time. But I guess loads meant mostly to people who are on leave. Anyway, was late for the show. Reached only at 7 pm. Taking away the first 15 minutes which I supposed contained nothing more than trailers and advertisements, that would mean I missed 15 minutes of the main movie. I know it wasn't that long I missed but I just didn't really like starting a movie from anywhere but the start.

Despite the complaining, I enjoyed the show nevertheless. I have always loved shows in relation to fantasy and Prince Caspian just added on to the nice fantasy movie list. I know it wasn't fantastic from a plot point of view and it probably wouldn't qualify as a film known for its manificent computer effects or well-known cast but if you didn't think too much from a critic's point of view, I guess you would enjoy it too. Isn't that what movies are supposed to be about? Just going in and enjoy the story flow without thinking too much about whether it is realistic, where are the glitches and stuff. Well, that is what I think. Nice timing to have a movie take my mind off work. Especially so since it is supposed to be the off peak. Three more weeks to my long awaited leave. I hope I make it there without any hiccups along the way. Pray for me will you?