薄荷绿茶

Saturday, January 05, 2008

5th January 2008 Saturday

My first post for year 2008. I was wondering what to write for the first post of this brand new year and the logical answer of new year resolutions came to mind. But I guess I will not make any bold or daring resolutions this year lest I be unable to realise them yet again like all prior years. I never am one to keep track of resolutions and realise them fervently and dutifully. More of a person who makes resolves on the spur of the moment. But at least I have learnt to acknowledge that fact. I guess what is important to me is to learn more of myself with each passing year. I believe that everyone have their strengths and weaknesses and life isn't about making resolutions to eliminate your weaknesses and gain more strengths. Nor is it about making yourself into the perfect being. Rather, it is about learning how not to fall to your weaknesses, nor allowing your weaknesses to hurt yourself or others and about learning how to exploit your strengths to benefit both yourself and everyone else.

2007 have not been a really good year for me and ended on quite a bad note. But I guess who doesn't have pain and as my friend G so rightfully put - "We all have pain. Every single one of us has pain but we deal with it. We swallow and get going with our life". May all of us grow stronger in 2008 and proceed on through the year as a stronger person. Life isn't all smooth sailing but do believe that these are but trials tha God puts in our life in order to polish us into a better gem.