薄荷绿茶

Friday, September 09, 2005

9th September 2005 Friday

Just got in touch with a friend from my first three months JC days. It was amazing how we managed to get back into contact after six years. She belonged to my orientation group while I was at National Junior College during what people refers to as the "first three months". Orientation then lasted for around one week, or was it two weeks? I couldn't remember. Anyway, what I remembered was that our group was rather bonded even though the orientation period was so short. We were so bonded that we went out almost every week of the first three months over at Junior College. I still remember the stupid games that we played, sitting on the floor in Marina Square. I still remember the nicknames that we gave each other. I still remember the many jokes that we laughed over. I still remember the BBQ that we had at one of our orientation group member's house. I guess part of the reason for such a strong bondage was due to the fact that the stress of Junior College life has yet to set in since that period was still considered the honeymoon period of JC days. Another part of the reason was perhaps due to the fact that we all came from different schools and had only each other to rely upon in that new environment that we were exposed to.

I guess that orientation period was among the happiest times of my schooling life considering the fact that my parents were rather strict with me before JC, usually banning me from going out too often with my friends. Too bad that we had to split after the O levels results were released. Some of my group left National Junior College with me. But in essence, the group simply splitted up and we simply just lost contact with each other. Sob sob......

Guess everything does erode with time. Friendship too. All those rubbish about friendship will never change. It is not true. Somehow after meeting up with some of my orientation group members after that many years, I find a erosion in the bondage that we used to hold. I don't really know how to explain it but you could literally feel the difference upon recalling past times. I mean I still like them as I do during JC days but somehow I don't feel as close to them as I did before. No matter how I or you wish to deny that, the strength of friendship and maybe more does erode with time. Nothing is constant but change I guess. However, I am still glad as I am already luckier than many others. At least I managed to get back into contact with long lost friends that I lost at some point of my life. These friends also includes my primary school classmates that I got into contact with last year. I really do treasure all my friends even though I know I might have shown otherwise in some of my actions. I really do......

trackback

2 Comments:

Blogger shadow said...

friendship so precious thing in the world, but still got many ppl choice to destroy it. Use it like a tool to get everything they want. If u find it, precious it.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Avarian said...

It all depends on where life brings you I guess. Sometimes, you try your best to keep some things, but people's lives changes, and with it friendship changes. Sometimes they can be the same, but I suppose there's no need for me to say that there's no such thing as "never" change, because things are always changing.

With friendship, think of it this way. Accept people who wish to befriend you, enjoy friendship while it lasts, and don't be sad when it changes. Be glad that you once had it.

"People's lives change. To keep all your old friends is like keeping all your old clothes -- pretty soon your closet is so jammed and everything so crushed you can't find anything to wear. Help these friends when they need you; bless the years and happy times when you meant a lot to each other, but try not to have the guilts if new people mean more to you now." -- Helen Gurley Brown

I've "kan kai" already from my own experiences. Close friends can overnight just become distant because a new life is waiting for them. Or perhaps you were never as close as you perceived it. And you're lucky already that you've found back your primary school friends.

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home