薄荷绿茶

Sunday, October 03, 2004

3rd October 2004 Sunday

Went to work as usual yesterday. My favourite student turned up after missing her lessons last week. Excuse being she was busy moving house. Quite a routine Saturday for me except that the conversation between me and my favourite student touched a few sensitive issues. Didn't know that her parents are divorced and she is staying with her mother until she told me today. She sounded quite unmoved by the issue, even stating that it was a good thing as she found her father irritating. Although she was unmoved over the issue, I couldn't help but feel sad and sorry for her. Although unsaid, I know it must be hard on her to lose one of her closest kin at that age. Sigh. Might be imagining things but I couldn't help it given my personal situation. Well, hope everything will be well for her and wish she will stay ever so happy.

My Prayer: My belated wish for Children's Day (if I do get any given my age) is for all the children out there to stay happy and carefree always, and for the world to be a simple place like that which exists in the minds of kids, with no pretence, no hatred, no fraud, only purity and innocence. Would my wish ever come true??