薄荷绿茶

Monday, September 27, 2004

27th September 2004 Monday

" I gasped for breath as the hooded figure bent closer to my mouth. I knew exactly what it intended to do but I couldn't do anything to stop the condemned creature.
'Expecto....Expecto....Patronum'
I muttered in an attempt to stop the Dementor from advancing. The silvery wisp of smoke emanating from my wand tip did no better in stopping the drawing distance then a fly would have done in stopping a stampede. I could feel the foul breath of the creature blowing against my nose. A warmth rose from the depths of my body to my frozen lips. I knew that this was the end.
As the warmth escaped through my lips, bits and pieces of the past flashed past what is left of my brain. An unhappy childhood...the coldness of being alone...Hermione and Ron having fun in the Shrieking Shack without me....the burning sensation that Cho had left on my cheeks....Sirius lying dead....Malfoy gloating at me.....the smug grin on Umbridge's face.....the fail grade awarded by Snape.....
As the wand handle slipped from my hand and I felt the last rush of pain, I smiled instead..... At least all these has come to end. At least there will be no repetition of such pain. At least....at least......I could no longer feel any pain."