薄荷绿茶

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

7th March 2007 Wednesday

Looking at the music and video CDs industry these days, it seemed to be gradually being dominated by China imported CDs. I don't know whether any of you have ever flipped these china imported discs and read the words in fine print printed at the back of those discs? Well, I looked at a couple and they read "For sale in China only and sale of this compact disc outside of China is prohibited by law (Translated into English)". Well, I don't know if this law is Chinese law or Singaporean law or any other countries' law for that matter, but this law thing seemed to be warranting no authority all globe round. Or maybe there have been some agreement by the music companies or something with the relevant authorities before they imported such CDs for sale. In my opinion, if there is any such agreement, I would think it is only appropriate to print it somewhere ain't it? If not, I wonder if this is what they call it - "openly flouting the law". Well, what do you think? In future when you are in those CD shops, take a moment to look at those small print and tell me what you think k? Some thing to ponder about for music and CD lovers like me.