薄荷绿茶

Tuesday, December 14, 2004

14th December 2004 Tuesday

"What is happiness? What is sadness? How do we know at any instant that the emotion we are experiencing is happiness or sadness even without knowing the meaning of them?"
Missed the bus when I was on my way home today. While waiting for the bus, an old woman came up and chatted with me and my sister. She was saying about how life has changed from the past. How buses were small in the past and people couldn't even bear to spend the few cents to take a bus, how food only cost a few cents in the past as well as the increase in the amount of vehicles on the road from the past. While talking, something just popped into my mind - "Life was really hard then but guess there are still happiness that could be found in that simplicity." This further led me to think whether we could find joy in luxury. The conclusion that I got - "You could definitely lead a better life with more money but you might not find happiness in it. On the other hand, even if you are poor, does it matter so long as you lead a happy and satisfied life?" Even though some might argue that we could never get happiness with no money but think about it, is there really no happiness that we can find from simplicity? Well, it is up to the individual to decide about the answer to that but my answer will be that we do can find happiness in poverty. Hence, I find that happiness is the most important thing in the world. So smile and just be glad that you are in this world......